- Article Intro: CB & Associates provides effective redundancy management including support for outplacement and cost-cutting strategies.
Employers are obliged to follow certain procedures when employees becomes redundant due to circumstances such as the closure of the business or a reduction in the number of staff.
Legislation such as the Unfair Dismissals Acts 1977-2007 may come into play if selection for redundancy is deemed to be unfair. The Redundancy Payments Acts 1967-2007 provides for a minimum entitlement to certain employees with a set period of service.
CB & Associates can provide any/all of the following services to prepare for and effectively manage redundancy.
- Redundancy payment calculations, entitlements, rebates and ex gratia advice
- Redundancy selection (LIFO, FIFO or selection matrix) and qualifying criteria
- Managing the consultation and communication process
- Redundancy paperwork (forms & correspondence)
- Legal advice on redundancy
- Alternatives to redundancy
- Protective notice
We can assist you to support those who have been made redundant by providing a comprehensive outplacement service which includes financial and pension advice, skills identification, job analysis, psychometric testing and career/personal assessment. Candidates may undergo training in:
- CV preparation
- Interview preparation
- Job search
- Communication skills
Post Redundancy Strategies
In the aftermath of redundancy, we can help you rebuild by advising you on cost-cutting strategies, redefining roles in the workplace and team building to ensure a brighter future.