The Jobs Market is heating up again
The pressure to attract and retain quality staff can be challenging for employers as the jobs market heats up again. Employers may need to consider offering a benefits package that engages and rewards employees and offers a little more than the statutory entitlements.
The development of a benefit system requires careful planning as it can have HR and financial implications but can be implemented with great success and can be mutually beneficial to employee and employer.
What do Irish employees consider are the "best" benefits?
A recent survey by Qualtrics, Sigmar surveyed 2,657 employees in Ireland on their attitude towards benefits. The research indicates that the most significant benefits to employees are:
- Private Health Insurance (84%)
- Pension (82%)
- Paid Sick Days (81%)
- Educational Support (79%)
- Flexi-Time (75%)
An attractive benefits package is not all about monetary reward. More and more employees are looking for a fuller quality of life, so flexible working hours and other life-work balance inititatives should also be considered.
We will support our clients to introduce a range of benefits for employees such as:
- Pension Scheme
- Healthcare (may or may not include families)
- Life, critical illness and disability insurance
- Professional Subscriptions [professional membership as relevant]
- Bonus system linked to key performance indicators
- Car or Car Allowance and car space [optional dependent on location]
- Company mobile phone
- Company laptop
- Flexible working arrangements
- Other benefits can be ‘workplace’ specific for example – gym membership, canteen facilities